We at Mac-Ave understand more than anything how vital technology is to our daily life. Moreso than ever, technology is playing an essential role in keeping us connected to loved ones and businesses operating with employees working from home. That is why we positioned to be labeled as an Essential Business in New York State.
Being an Essential Business during this pandemic brings great responsibility for us to protect not just our employees but also our customers and community. We are continually updating our procedures to comply with the WHO, CDC, and NYS guidelines.
As of April 17th, 2020
- All of our employees are to wear face masks or face coverings.
- We are only allowing two (2) customers inside our store at a time. Please fill out a Service Request Form before you arrive.
- We are sanitizing every product when we receive it in for service.
- We are sanitizing all surfaces at least once an hour.
- We have placed blue markings on the floor to help encourage Social Distancing.
- We encourage all of our customers to call from the parking lot before coming in. We can send someone out to you if you would like to remain in your car.
- We are not allowing customers to stay in our store for an extended period of time. If a repair is to be done while-you-wait, we please ask that you wait in your car.
- First, fill out a Service Request Form before you arrive
- You will receive a Repair Order Number within a few hours (business hours).
- Once you receive a Repair Order Number, please follow the instructions provided within the email.
- Attach the Repair Order Number to your product with a piece of tape or sticky note.
- When you arrive in our parking lot, please call. We can send someone out to pick up your product, or if we are not at capacity, you can come inside to drop it off.
- Once we have received your product, we will email you confirming it is in our possession.
- Once we start working on your repair, we will email you that it is on the bench and being tested.
- We will continue to email you updates about your repair as we have them.
We are a small business that has been tasked with repairing all Apple devices for Rochester, Syracuse, Ithaca, and Geneseo. Please bear with us while we do our best to keep your repair time as short as possible. The more you call or check-in on your product, the less time we have to work on your repair.
We are not the Apple Store, so our abilities are a little different. We also are not Apple, so again please understand that there are things we can not control (i.e., mail-in repair duration, part availability, shipping times, etc.). With that being said, we do charge for software repairs even if your product is under warranty. If you have a software-related issue, it is not covered by Apple’s Warranty through us. If a warranty repair becomes out-of-warranty, and you reject the re-quote, a diagnostic/facilitation fee will be charged. Please visit our Service Rates page for more information.
Current repair turn-around estimates:
iPhone: 3-7 business days
Mac: 5-10 business days