- Retina display
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1680 by 1050
- 1440 by 900
- 1024 by 640
- 400 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
- Apple M1 chip
- 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- 8-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
Battery and Power1
- Up to 15 hours wireless web
- Up to 18 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Built-in 49.9‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter
Charging and Expansion
Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- 8GB unified memory
- Configurable to 16GB
- 512GB SSD
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys in an inverted-T arrangement
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- Touch ID sensor
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: −13° to 113° F (−25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weights
- Height: 0.16–0.63 inch (0.41–1.61 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 pounds (1.29 kg)3
- macOS is the most advanced desktop operating system in the world. macOS Big Sur introduces a bold new design and major updates to apps — taking macOS to a new level of power and beauty. Learn more – Operating System
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can create and do amazing things. Learn more – Accessibility
Siri and Dictation
Text to Speech
In the Box
- MacBook Air
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
MacBook Air and the Environment
- MacBook Air is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:5 See the MacBook Air Product Environmental Report
Made with better materials
- 100% recycled aluminum in the enclosure6
- 100% recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board
- 35% or more recycled plastic in multiple components
- ENERGY STAR® certified7
- Arsenic-free display glass
- BFR-, PVC-, and beryllium-free
- Apple’s Zero Waste Program helps suppliers eliminate waste sent to landfill
- All final assembly supplier sites are transitioning to 100% renewable energy for Apple production
- 100% of virgin wood fiber comes from responsibly managed forests
- Recyclable, majority-fiber packaging
Apple and the Environment
We’re committed to making our products without taking from the earth, and to become carbon neutral across our entire business, including products, by 2030. See Apple’s commitment
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
Sound Power Level
L W A,m (B) Sound Pressure Level
L p A,m (dB)
Idle 1.3 (K v = 0.3) 3
Wireless web 1.3 (K v = 0.3) 3
L W A,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.1 B.
L p A,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest 1 dB).
1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
K v is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
The quantity, L W A,c (formerly called L W Ad) may be computed from the sum of L W A,m and K v .
The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
Configuration tested: Apple M1 chip, 8-core GPU, 8GB memory, 512GB storage.
Testing conducted by Apple in October 2020 using preproduction MacBook Air systems with Apple M1 chip and 8-core GPU, configured with 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 8 clicks from bottom. The Apple TV app movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 8 clicks from bottom. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See apple.com/batteries for more information.
1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
Data accurate as of product launch.
Recycled material claim applies to the enclosure and is based on auditing done by UL LLC.
ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Apple defines its restrictions on harmful substances, including definitions for what Apple considers to be “free of,” in the Apple Regulated Substances Specification. Every Apple product is free of PVC and phthalates with the exception of AC power cords in India, Thailand (for two-prong AC power cords), and South Korea, where we continue to seek government approval for our PVC and phthalates replacement.
There are no reviews yet.