The Nikon TC-201 is a 2x teleconverter (also known as a tele-extender) that will multiply the focal length of the existing lens by 2x, and will cut back the amount of light by 2 f/stops. For example, using a 2x teleconverter with a 100mm lens will effectively increase the focal length to 200mm. A lens set to f/2.8 will now be f/5.6.
NOTE: Due to the high-quality design of this converter (5 elements/5 groups), the teleconverter will only fit and work with a select range of lenses. However, even with the listed AF lenses, only manual focus operation is possible. The following lenses are compatible:
AF lenses, in manual mode:
- AF 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D ED-IF
- AF 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF
- AF 35-70mm f/2.8D*
- AF 70-300 f/4-5.6D ED*
- AF 80-200mm f/2.8D ED#
- AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF*
- AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8D ED-IF*
- AF 16mm Fisheye f/2.8D
- All 18mm, 20mm, 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm prime lenses*
- AF 135mm f/2D DC
- AF 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF
- AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR#
- Micro 60mm f/2.8D
MF Manual Focus lenses:
- All wide-angle to medium telephoto lenses, up to 300mm, including zoom lenses
* Occasional vignetting, when used at aperture smaller than f/11 with high-shutter speeds occasional uneven exposure might occur.
# Usuable, but occasional vignetting possible
There are no reviews yet.