Discover one of easiest ways to add high-capacity storage to your computer with Toshiba’s Canvio Basics portable hard drive, offering a simple plug-and-play solution right out of the box.
Portable, plug-and-play storage.
Get all the storage capacity you need for your important digital content—and keep it all in one place, everywhere you go. This device accommodates large digital files with spacious storage capacity of up to 2 TB.(1)
Powered directly from the USB port on your PC, it offers easy add-on storage with no software installation necessary and the simplicity of plug-and-play operation.
An easy traveler
The perfect companion for your laptop, this portable hard drive offers up to 2 terabytes(1) of storage—all in a compact, smudge-resistant design. So you can take all your files with you, without carrying a heavy load.
- An Internal Shock Sensor and Ramp-Loading Technology help protect your drive from damage due to accidental drops.(2)
- Toshiba’s reputation for long-term durability and reliability, plus a one-year standard limited warranty, provide even more peace of mind.(3)
Plug into more productivity.
- USB 3.0-powered portable add-on storage
- Easy to use, with no software installation necessary
- Plug-and-play operation
- Accommodates large digital files with spacious storage capacity
- Compact, smudge-resistant design
- Internal Shock Sensor and Ramp-Loading Technology help protect your drive(2)
- One-year standard limited warranty provides even more peace of mind(3)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1, 8, or Windows 7
- Available USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 Port
What’s in the Box
- Toshiba Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 Cable (cable also compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick Install Guide
Visit Toshiba website for a complete list of all product legal footnotes.
1. External HDD Capacity: One Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and One Terabyte (TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB=230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity will also be less if the computer includes one or more pre-installed operating systems, pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
2. To minimize the risk of data loss, always make back-up copies of data on a separate storage device. The applicable standard limited warranty limits Toshiba’s liability for damages of any kind, including damage to, or loss or corruption of, stored programs or data.
3. Warranty: The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty are available on our website.
4. The hard drive is formatted NTFS. Mac compatibility will require reformatting the drive to an OS X compatible format.
2014 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Canvio is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. and/or Toshiba Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Windows and the Windows logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac, Mac OS, OS X and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other product, service and company names are the property of their respective owners. While Toshiba has made every effort at the time of publication to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein, product specifications, configurations, prices, system/component/options availability are all subject to change without notice.