- 21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 1920-by-1080 resolution with support for millions of colors
3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor7
- 16GB (two 8GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
- 1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive
Connections and Expansion
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB 3 ports (compatible with USB 2)
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking;2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 17.7 inches (45.0 cm)
- Width: 20.8 inches (52.8 cm)
- Stand depth: 6.9 inches (17.5 cm)
- Weight: 12.5 pounds (5.68 kg)3
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
iMac and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
iMac is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosures
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.2 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold5
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
DECLARED NOISE EMISSIONS in accordance with ISO 9296
|Sound Power Level
1 B = 10 dB
|Sound Pressure Level
|Hard drive accessing||2.9||12|
|CD drive accessing||N/A||N/A|
- LWAd is the statistical upper-limit A-weighted sound power level (rounded to the nearest 0.1 B).
- LpAm is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel).
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except South Korea.
- iMac achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.