- 21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 1920-by-1080 resolution with support for millions of colors
dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
Video Support and Camera
- FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built‑in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
- Support for Target Display Mode via the Thunderbolt port using a Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Connections and Expansion
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB 3 ports (compatible with USB 2)
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Mini DisplayPort output
- Support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking;2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 17.7 inches (45.0 cm)
- Width: 20.8 inches (52.8 cm)
- Stand depth: 6.9 inches (17.5 cm)
- Weight: 12.5 pounds (5.68 kg)3
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
iMac and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
iMac is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosures
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 6.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold6
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
|Sound Power Level
|Sound Pressure Level
|Idle||2.00 (Kv =0.25)||11.0|
|Hard drive seek||2.00 (Kv =0.25)||11.0|
|Wireless web||2.00 (Kv =0.25)||11.0|
- LWA,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.05 B.
- LpA,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest 0.5 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- KV is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, LWA,c (formerly called LWAd) may be computed from the sum of LWA,m and KV.
- The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Mavericks required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- iMac achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.