- High-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors.
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
Size and Weight
Ultrathin and ultralight unibody aluminum construction.
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.96 pounds (1.35 kg)1
- 256GB flash storage
Processor and Memory
Powered by a dual-core Intel Core i5 or i7 processor and DDR3 memory.
- 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 onboard memory
Advanced Intel HD Graphics 3000.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
Video Support and Camera
Built-in FaceTime camera.
- FaceTime camera
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Connections and Expansion
USB 2.0, Thunderbolt, headphone port, MagSafe power port, SD card slot (13-inch model).
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Thunderbolt port
- SD card slot
Battery and Power
Advanced lithium-polymer battery with MagSafe power adapter.4
- Up to 7 hours wireless web
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 50-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery; 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system; MagSafe power port
Latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies.
802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;5 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Stereo speakers, microphone, and headphone.
- Stereo speakers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Limited Warranty and Service
Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple support or call 800-823-2775.
DVD or CD Sharing
With the Mac App Store, getting the apps you want on your Mac has never been easier. No more boxes, no more discs, no more time-consuming installation. Click once to download and install any app on your Mac. But if an app you need isn’t available from the Mac App Store, you can use DVD or CD Sharing. This convenient feature of OS X lets you wirelessly “borrow” the optical drive of a nearby Mac or PC. So you can install applications from a DVD or CD and have full access to an optical drive without having to carry one around.
MacBook Air and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact.
MacBook Air is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR 5.2 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold7
Apple and the Environment
Learn about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac or PC.
DECLARED NOISE EMISSIONS in accordance with ISO 9296
|Sound Power Level
1 B = 10 dB
|Sound Pressure Level
|Hard drive accessing||N/A||N/A|
|CD drive accessing||N/A||N/A|
- LWAd is the statistical upper-limit A-weighted sound power level (rounded to the nearest 0.1 B).
- LpAm is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel).
- Logic Express
- Final Cut Pro X
Displays and Graphics
- Apple Thunderbolt Display
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter<
AirPort and Wireless
- Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
- AirPort Extreme Base Station
- Time Capsule
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Apple MacBook Air SuperDrive
- Apple Keyboard
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Memory available to OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB or 384MB.
- Testing conducted by Apple in July 2011 using preproduction 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter deep sleep mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- PVC-free AC power cord is available in Australia, Japan, New Zealand, North and South America, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and the United Kingdom.
- MacBook Air achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.