- Retina display
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1680 by 1050
- 1440 by 900
- 1024 by 640
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
- 1.4GHz quad-core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz, with 128MB of eDRAM
- 512GB SSD
- 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
Charging and Expansion
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 65 (U.S.) keys including 4 arrow keys in an inverted‑T arrangement
- Touch Bar
- Touch ID sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One external 5K display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors, or
- Up to two external 4K displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Battery and Power2
- Up to 10 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built-in 58.2-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.61 inch (1.56 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 3.1 pounds (1.4 kg)3
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Catalina brings dedicated apps for music, TV, and podcasts. Smart updates to the apps you use most. And Sidecar, which lets you use iPad as a second display. So you can take everything you do above and beyond.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Voice Memos
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
- Find My
- QuickTime Player
In the Box
- 13-inch MacBook Pro
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
MacBook Pro and the Environment
We take responsibility for the environmental footprint of our products throughout their life cycle. Learn more
The 13-inch MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:5
Made with better materials
- 100% recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board
- Enclosure made with recyclable, low-carbon aluminum
- 35% or more recycled plastic in multiple components
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- BFR-, PVC-, and beryllium-free
- Final assembly supplier sites do not generate any waste sent to landfill6
- All final assembly suppliers are transitioning to 100% renewable energy for Apple production
- 100% of virgin wood fiber comes from responsibly managed forests
- Recyclable, majority-fiber packaging
Read the 13-inch MacBook Pro Environmental Report for detailed information on its environmental performance.
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
|Sound Power Level
L W A,m (B)
|Sound Pressure Level
L p A,m (dB)
|Idle||1.3 (K V = 0.3)||3|
|Wireless web||1.3 (K V = 0.3)||4|
- L W A,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.1 B.
- L p A,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at operator position (rounded to the nearest 1 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- K v is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, L W A,c (formerly called L W Ad) may be computed from the sum of L W A,m and K v .
- The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
- Configuration tested: 1.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB memory, 256GB storage, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in April 2020 using preproduction 1.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD; and preproduction 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM and 1TB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The Apple TV app movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
- Data accurate as of product launch.
- Final assembly supplier sites for the 13-inch MacBook Pro are third-party certified as Zero Waste by UL LLC (UL 2799 Standard).
There are no reviews yet.